We have the great pleasure to have Scott from JPL @NASA and IPNSIG speaking about the rare and exciting opportunity to innovate with Delay & Disruption Tolerant Networking (DTN) and to realise the Interplanetary Internet! And yes, we will talk about DTN together with CubeSATs (those small satellites that cost less than 10k), of course.
It's going to be our International Special too - the plan is to get together in our locality and to catch the webcast together and then discuss interesting project ideas around interplanetary internet. Feel free to host your local satellite discussion group.
In London, we will be hosted in Hub Westminister and your London host will have a webex session up and running.
Not in London? Feel free to organise your local satellite meetup. It'd be easy:
1) Find a space where you can get together
2) the local host need to sign up here so you'll get the webex details closer to date
3) tell people about it
4) tell us about it so we can spread the word, via one or more of the following means:
• twitter: #spaceDTN, @citizeninventor;
• on our projects page: http://www.citizeninventor.com/submit-project.html;
• on our wiki: http://citizeninventor.wikia.com/wiki/CitizenInventor_Wiki
• other suggestions welcome, afterall, we are run by community for community!
5) Get together and stream the webcast, discuss project idea, have beer and tell us about it!
Going solo? If you cannot meetup with a local group, you’re still welcome to sign up! The idea of a local meetup group is to facilitate more project discussions.